Prinsipp: 3-veis, bassrefleks
Frekvensområde: 32 Hz - 45 kHz (+/-3dB)
Virkningsgrad: 91 dB / 1W (1m)
Nominell impedanse: 4 ohm
Mål i mm: (BxHxD) 310 x 1495 x 620
Vekt: ca 130 kg/stk
The B100 is Burmesters new flag ships in the loudspeaker program. The form of B 100 is taken and reminded to the aircraft construction of the aerodynamically clean bearing areas of large airplanes. New technical realizations flowed into the development. Measuring techniques of most modern kind helped with the development to exclude also smallest errors. The time-correct rendition and high dynamics those the live representation corresponding were demands in the obligation booklet of the B100. The result is a graceful designed loudspeaker, which can be integrated despite its size harmoniously into each living room and at the same time the gates to the benefitful music rendition opens.
The B100 is a three-way full-range loudspeaker with built-in phaserigid passive crossover with filters of first order.
Bass-, mid-range and high-frequency drivers are arranged in a d’Appolito configuration. The cabinet of the B100 is double-walled.
Design goals and construction features:
The B100 is not laid out for rendition true to nature also with highest levels and even with gale-like levels over 115 dB brings those nearly 128kg heavy box anything from the peace. For this a double-walled housing ensures belonged to the most complicated, what was ever invented for high ending a loudspeaker. The internal chamber is composed strong MDF plates with complicated interior reinforcements of 25mm. Additional firmness the central gives to high/mid tone chambers as well as a reinforcement by 6mm strong aluminum plates. The outside housing construction is isolated and absorbed from the inside by an insulating layer so all radiated frequencies of the interior housing. Felt-similar mats transfer the damping to different thicknesses on the inside of the loudspeaker walls. The thickness of these mats is accurately computed depending upon placement in the housing. This Burmester typical characteristic makes the bass of the B100 outrageously fast and outlines. By the small absorption of the bass chassis the bass plays also with very low volumes still completely also. The frequency switch of the B100 is laid out with extremely low-loss construction units and exclusively works with phaserigid filters of first order. A high long-term stability creates high-quality foil condensers and tin condensers as well as the renouncement of cheap ELKOs.
The loudspeaker clamps are invisibly attached under the loudspeaker. The frequency switch permits Bi-amping and Bi-wiring. A highest goal of the large material employment is it to build as low impedance a switch as possible which brings the high internal absorption of the used amplifiers loss-free up to the individual chassis. Optimal control of the individual loudspeaker chassis is made possible only in such a way. So the used bass coil has a resistance of only 0.02 ohms. The frequency switch plates are coated with 150µm copper. The connection is made to the bass chassis with 10qmm purest copper cable. The midranges and tweeters are connected with the new Burmester pure silver loudspeaker cable with the frequency switch. The housing panels can later be exchanged the the color of the B100 to change.
What is so special about Burmester loudspeakers?
Music – unchained from the speaker
Combined with a perfectly tuned system of high-quality electronics and top-notch cables Burmesters loudspeakers are capable of filling a whole room with music, whereby the music doesn’t seem to emanate from the speakers but, instead, to be performed live in the room.
Loudspeakers applauded by musicians
Musicians are critical listeners because the compare the sound of a stereo system with the original sound of the instruments. In their judgement Burmesters speakers seem to virtually explode with music when fed material like large orchestras. Yet, even then they let single instruments shine through with substance and authority.
Loudspeakers that reproduce all octaves
Despite their comparatively still moderate size Burmesters loudspeakers reproduce all octaves down to the deepest bass foundation. Particularly the bass output is indispensible for bringing across the power and the “goose bump” impact of great music.
Loudspeakers for quiet listening
Often, one likes to listen to music late at night to pleasantly conclude the day. At that time, most people will no longer be able to listen to high volume levels approximating the original performance. Burmesters loudspeakers are designed in such a way that even at low listening levels the music will not lose naturalness and and correct tonal balance.
Loudspeakers for full-volume listening
As a musician, Dieter Burmester enjoys the thrill of listening to music at full volume. With Burmesters loudspeakers it is possible to listen to very loud music without loss of precision and tonality and without strain.
Loudspeakers built with attention to detail
A superior concept requires corresponding care in its execution. Every single driver, custom- made to Burmesters specifications, is burnt in by us before their technical parameters are measured. Only then are they computer-matched in pairs to very tight tolerances. This procedure guarantees mating tolerances between speakers so low as to be considered impossible to reach – until now. Since Burmester save all technical specifications each driver can be replaced with an identical driver should this become necessary.
Loudspeaker with an attractive appearance
Loudspeakers should not only sound good but also be easy on the eyes. They should be an addition, not a subtraction, to the living environment. This requires perfect design and highest-quality materials. The B100 comes in three standard finishes: rowan berry/aluminum laminate, makassar/aluminum laminate and silver/aluminum laminate (other finishes are available as an option). Despite their size the B100 can be easily integrated into a living environment without being overly sensitive to placement.
* Power Rating: min. 250 watts (pink noise)
* Sensitivity (2.83V): 91 dB
* Impedance: 4 ohms
* Output range (+3/-3dB): 32Hz-45kHz
* Crossover frequencies: 160 Hz, 2700 Hz
* Slew rate: 6 dB tweeter, 2x6 dB mid-rangedriver, 6 dB bass driver, all first order filters
Crossover circuit arrangement:
* Woofer: Low pass 6dB/oct. with impedance correction of the upper bass reflex maximums so that the crossover works without interacting with the impedance of the woofer.
* Mid-range driver: Highpass 6dB/oct. and low pass 6db/oct.; impedance correction of the resonance frequency and the magnetic coil inductance so the crossover works without interacting with the impedance of the mid-range driver.
* Tweeter: High pass 6dB/oct..
* Galvanic separation of the woofer and mid-range section for bi-wiring/bi-amping.
275mm custom designed woofer
* Custom-built with 275mm die-cast light alloy enclosure, very rigid, magnetically non-conductive, therefore, no magnetical loss
* Large vent hole in the pole core to vent the area behind the dustcap
* Vented dustcap behind the centring bell avoids compression effects
* Extremely rigid air-dryed glass fiber cone with resonance-damping coating, extremely stable and distortion-resistant, completely resonance-free response charactristic exceeding 2000 Hz
* 50 mm Kapton coil frame, extremely heat-resistant und completely free of eddy-current loss
* 25 mm high-wound magnetic coil responsible for very long linear cone throw, exceeds the travel of most woofer cones of this size by a factor of two, resulting in a dynamic gain of 6dB
135 mm mid-range driver
* Kevlar mid-range driver with extremely high load rating, modified to Burmester specifications
* 135 mm die-cast light alloy enclosure, very rigid, magnetically non-conductive, therefore, no magnetic loss
* Kevlar-cone diaphragm presently has the best rigidity-to-mass ratio of all known diaphragm materials with resonance-free response characteristics exceeding 3000 Hz Aluminum eddy current-free coil frame, extremely heat-resistant
* Two AMT (Air Motion Transformer) modified to Burmester specifications, with horn construction
* Diaphragm foil made of highly heat-resistant Kapton, therefore, extreme load stability
* Diaphragm foils are pair-matched
* Best motion-to-mass ratio
* The app. 30 cm² diaphragm area is about ten times the size of conventional dome tweeters. This results in a very low crossover frequency of 2700 Hz and allows a d’Appolito configuration which guarantees very stable and transparent sonic images
* No compression effects as with dome tweeters
* Neodym magnets with very high energy density (app. 20 times higher than comparable ferrite magnets) allow magnets of smaller size and, thus, a more streamlined design
Special feature: computer-matched drivers
All drivers are broken in at high signal levels by Burmester Audiosysteme non-stop for seven days (woofers and mid-range drivers with 10 Hz, tweeters with pink noise). Then they are measured very carefully over their full frequency range and finally matched in pairs by computer. After the computer-matching process Burmester guarantee that the overall frequency deviation between left and right speaker is less than 0.5 dB! With this procedure Burmester can guarantee the technical specs of the speakers for a long time since they are broken in and, hence, do not change characteristics when used by the customer.
* Double-walled enclosure with extremely rigid inner housing and soft dampened outer enclosure to avoid undesirable resonances at the surface of the speaker cabinet
* Bass-reflex woofer enclosure (2 x 60 l volume) with a lower critical frequency of below 30Hz
* Sealed mid-range enclosure with volume of 2 x 4 l
* Symmetrical array of the two mid-range drivers above and below the tweeter (d’Appolito). Compared with an asymmetrical driver arrangement this configuration delivers a much more stable and precise sonic image
* The two woofers are also arranged symmetrically in line with the tweeter to extend the d’Appolito concept into the bass region
The woofers of the B100 radiate from the side of the speaker cabinet towards each other. This configuration has the advantage that undesirable high frequencies emanating from the woofers (partial harmonics) do not reach the listener directly.
Furthermore, facing the woofer cones towards each other produces an additional compression in the bass region without cancellation effect. Ideally, the distance between the speakers should be at least 2.5 m.
* Bass dampening system at the inside of cabinet walls, no sound deadening wool in the bass enclosure to absorb as little as possible of the back-radiating woofer energy
* The dampening material consists of special felt
* Dampening of the mid-range enclosure with a bit of cotton insulation to absorb the sound radiating from the back of the mid-range driver
Other design features:
* Massive binding posts under the speaker cabinet ensure shortest possible distance to the crossover
* Interior wiring of the woofers with 10mm² highest-purity copper litz, wiring of mid-range drivers and tweeters with pure 4mm² silver cable
* Front panel made of solid 20mm thick aluminum plate, milled and enameled. It holds the tweeter and acts as a cabinet stiffener in the area of the tweeter and mid-range drivers
* Bell-shaped bass reflex opening to avoid air motion turbulences
- Brukt og demo
Mandag - fredag: 10 - 18
Lørdag: 10 - 16